Discussion topic: IP address range

This message was authored by NickyQ7 This message was authored by: NickyQ7

IP address range

Couple of questions.

I can't log in to the Sky Max hub gateway using 'admin' and the original WiFi password. Sky support has told me to reset the hub. I have changed the network name and password which will be reset to the original details. After I reset, if I change the login details back again, will all my devices connect or will I need to re-add them?

The reason I need to access the gateway is to get the IP range my network is using. Is there any way to find out this without logging in to the gateway?

And finally, I need to add a VPN to the router. Is the only way to do this by logging in to the gateway? I need to do this at the router level as I have 2 laptops VPNing to my office and our current VPN set-up doesn't allow multiple clients behind the same remote WAN address to any L2TP/IPsec server.

Any help is much appreciated.

Nick

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: IP address range

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NickyQ7 

Max Hubs are administered through the My Sky app rather than an onboard interface.

No Sky Hub model can host a VPN endpoint: that's typically not a feature of any ISP router.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@NickyQ7 

The default Sky Broadband DHCP range is 192.168.0.2 to 192.164.0.254

NickyQ7
Topic Author
This message was authored by NickyQ7 This message was authored by: NickyQ7

@TimmyBGood 

Thanks for your reply and the information.

Do you know if the devices will reconnect after I have reset the hub?

Do you know if there is a way to change the IP address range?

Thanks

@NickyQ7 

Your devices will reconnect if they were taught the original wireless password.

I suspect the DHCP range can be modified, but Sky Broadband isn't an option here.

This message was authored by Bagg This message was authored by: Bagg

The ip address range for my sky router is 192.168.0.1 which is the same as and clashes with my office router. This means my VPN connection is unable to find folders and documents on my office network becuase it thisnks they are on the sky router!

Can the ip address on teh sky router be changed (i.e. 192.168.1.1)? Does anyone know how to do this? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion