Discussion topic: I have no broadband but Sky checks are saying everything is fine

This message was authored by KevG54321 This message was authored by: KevG54321

I have no broadband but Sky checks are saying everything is fine

I have no broadband but Sky checks on My Sky is saying everything is ok

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I have no broadband but Sky checks are saying everything is fine

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevG54321 

Where are you? There has been an outage in the North West this morning. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
KevG54321
Topic Author

No I'm in the South. Been down for an hour. It often does this and My Sky usually says there is no issue when running checks 

KevG54321
Topic Author

Internet is back now but would like to know why My Sky keeps saying there is no internet issue on checks whenever my internet does drop out. Thanks 

This message was authored by Brian1C This message was authored by: Brian1C

My Partner works from home in a customer service role and twice the internet has dropped this morning and also 3 other occasions in the past week, which is not good when she is in the middle of a phone call, yet sky website says no issues!!!  I know its not her works server because no one else in her team has had the same issue.  If this keeps happening she will have to endure a daily 80 mile round trip to the office every day because her boss wont be happy that she cant stay connected.

Sky really really needs to get its act together, we have fibre to the house and its been the worst thing ever, should have stayed on the old wiring!  We will definately be considering the renewal of our Broadband contract in a few months.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Brian1C 

Just to reiterate, Sky Broadband is a domestic service. Although a lot of people work from home nowadays they should perhaps consider a business subscription which will obviously come at a higher cost. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Brian1C This message was authored by: Brian1C

@Daniel0210 thanks for the sugestion, but when sold a product as super fast and reliable and I pay enough to Sky each month as it is, I dont expect to have to buy additional products to use with the broadband.  It isnt just my partners day that is affected, the playstation drops and 9 times out of 10 even watching TV in the evening can suddenly cut off or buffer.  We have had an engineer out to install a wifi booster, even he scratched his head when he couldnt get it working.  Have also mentioned to the tech team that my partners work lap top and the playstation is hard wired and again, scratching of heads.  I think overall, its time to move on from Sky Broadband until they can provide a decent service that doesnt put the blame on their customers or keep them waiting every 20  minutes to speak to someone for help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion