Discussion topic: I don’t have ONT in my new Apartment

This message was authored by General+Bamo This message was authored by: General+Bamo

I don’t have ONT in my new Apartment

Good day,

I Order for sky broadband and it has been delivered that's fine but the issue is that I don't have ONT operation in my house because it's a new Apartment and it has not been fixed in the Apartment yet, so what I need now is how the ONT would be fixed in my house so I can be able to enjoy my sky broadband. Have been trying to call the customer care but I don't get it through. I'd appreciate it if you can help me out with this problem.Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: I don’t have ONT in my new Apartment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@General+Bamo the Sky hub is sent out to arrive a few days before the installation of the line so its available for the engineer to connect. The ONT unit is brought and installed by the engineer who runs the fibre line into your new home.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I don’t have ONT in my new Apartment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@General+Bamo 

If the address is going to be provisioned with FTTP but there's no ONT yet (which probably implies no optical cabling is in place) then installing this is part of the process.

Is there any evidence of optical cable at the building at all?

If you put the address into the BT Wholesale Availability website, that should yield more information.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion