Discussion topic: How to avoid early termination charges

This message was authored by GedP This message was authored by: GedP

How to avoid early termination charges

Hi

i was informed recently that my current broadband package would be out of contract on 7 July and unless I contacted them this contract would roll over to another package which would be £30 a month.

After talking to Sky they yesterday agreed to put me on Sky's social tariff which is Superfast 35 and will cost £20 a month. I am in the process of selling my property so if I have to cancel my contract in say 2/3 months does this mean I will have to pay for the remaining 15 months?

If I cancel signing up for the social tariff (which I can do in the cooling off period) is there a way I can continue the old contract ticking over without having to agree to another 18 months?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How to avoid early termination charges

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GedP all Sky contracts wil roll over into a monthly contract after the fixed term period is complste.  So you can give 14 days noticecto cancel or use the one step switch process if you want to move to another supplier using Openreach lines. Sky will try to sell you a new fixed term but you can decline that if you dont want to be tied down.

The Social Tariff is restricted to customers in receipt of specific means tested benefits but has no early termination charges in the first 18 months see https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
GedP
Topic Author
This message was authored by GedP This message was authored by: GedP

Re: How to avoid early termination charges

Thank you, that's really helpful

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion