Discussion topic: How to access Sky Connect hub from laptop without internet connection

This message was authored by HKMC This message was authored by: HKMC

How to access Sky Connect hub from laptop without internet connection

I want to change the gateway address of a new Sky Connect hub from the factory default IP address of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 directly from my laptop without connecting the Sky hub to the internet.

I can't reach the hub from my laptop even though it's connected directly. I keep getting the message "This site can't be reached. 192.168.0.1 took too long to respond".

But Angry IP Scanner on my laptop shows 192.168.0.1 is green, i.e. active and responding to requests from Angry IP Scanner.

Any suggestions please about how to connect to the Sky hub directly from my laptop without using the internet?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How to access Sky Connect hub from laptop without internet connection

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HKMC make sure you are typing only 192.168.0.1 into tge browser address bar dont add any spaces or prefixs like www. Ideally usecan ethernet link if you are still stuck restart the hub by cutting the power forc30 seconds. Some browsers will warn you about an insecure site and a security risk which is untrue as it is not a secure site but as it is internal site on your network and therefore not a security riskk

Every Sky hub except the very new Wifi Max hub has a web interface which you can use to manage settings accessed in that way. The Wifi Max is different and changing settings has to be done via the My Sky app..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion