Discussion topic: How long to leave router on after setup

This message was authored by Simon5765687 This message was authored by: Simon5765687

How long to leave router on after setup

On Monday an engineer came and installed my ONT so I could get full fibre. I previously used my own TP Link router with FTTC. I reverted to the SR203 on Monday and was told to leave it on for 10 days while they did tests and tweaks on the line. Is this 10 days important as the family are moaning about the poor WiFi and I want to go back to my TPLink but I fear Sky need the SR203 connected to do their tweaks correctly?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

Re: How long to leave router on after setup

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Simon5765687 The 10 day "training" period does not apply to fibre lines, its only applicable to old copper lines and hybrid fibre/copper services(fibre to the cabinet).

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS Answer

@Simon5765687 The 10 day "training" period does not apply to fibre lines, its only applicable to old copper lines and hybrid fibre/copper services(fibre to the cabinet).

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Simon5765687 The only reason to use the Sky hub after the install is if you need support from Sky as their diagnostic systems require the hub the operate. If you service is working properly then you can use what ever router you want. To connect a TP-Link router to a Sky full fibre connection you have to use DHVPv6 PD which works on most but not all lines.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Simon5765687
Topic Author
This message was authored by Simon5765687 This message was authored by: Simon5765687

Thank you both, I have setup the TPLink router and it works a treat, it's like chalk and cheese for WiFi signal compared to the SR203. The family are very happy now.

Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion