Discussion topic: How do you find out what broadband I have 4g/5G as I’m getting cameras for my house

This message was authored by Rubes7 This message was authored by: Rubes7

How do you find out what broadband I have 4g/5G as I’m getting cameras for my house

How do I no whar broadband I have as I'm getting cameras that don't support 5/g

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How do you find out what broadband I have 4g/5G as I’m getting cameras for my house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rubes7 

4g/5g are cellular data connection types (the 'g' is for 'generation') and irrelevant to Sky Broadband. 

I suspect you're referring to 2.4Ghz/5Ghz which are WiFi frequency bands: if you have a Q Hub or Sky Broadband Hub then by default these broadcast a signal on both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz simultaneously.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How do you find out what broadband I have 4g/5G as I’m getting cameras for my house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rubes7 as explained Sky hubs offer by default a dualband wifi SSID using both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band which mosr devices connect to without issue. However some cheaper devices (and some expensive ones using poor wifi chips) dont. If that applies to your cameras you will need to separate the two bands using these instructions Split Sky WiFi bands

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion