Discussion topic: How do SKY get away with giving such sub standard service??

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: How do SKY get away with giving such sub standard service??

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Baldlen wrote:

I am sure it was meant to be helpful,  however having a hearing impediment which can easily be dealt with text should not require special treatment 

Nobody said special treatment. The team is there to ensure you are able to access channels appropriate for you. Text chat is not always available but if you have a hearing impediment then the team would ensure you always had a route via chat. 

Your attitude the entire time on this thread has been negative towards anyone who has tried to help or given an answer. The forum is here to help point you in the right direction which exactly what people have done by escalating your post to chat with Sky but no thats clearly just Sky trying to avoid talking to you.

This thread is complete evidence as to why people dont want to work in customer service. 🤣

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jamesn123 wrote:

This thread is complete evidence as to why people dont want to work in customer service. 🤣

@jamesn123 It's always fun when people talk down to you and treat you like something on the bottom of their shoe, and then are flabbergasted that you won't help them🤣 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us Baldlen. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Baldlen
Topic Author
This message was authored by Baldlen This message was authored by: Baldlen

May I view the last response from your help team. I did ask some questions re line speed nd I assumed the reply would be saved.  I will say that since Early December the the speed to the hub had declined from 52 mps to now 22 mps.  The guaranteed speed is 61 mps.    I did receive a letter from SKY on or around 7th December stating that line speeds were not as they would wish they were in contact with Open Reach and hope the issue would be resolved with a couple of months.  This was the reason I started monitoring speed to the hub.

What is that speed if it is not the speed to hub?

I have carried out periodic checks via the web site and it acknowledges the SKY broadband looks like it has a problem it then carries out various tests and it ends up speed to your hub is lower than before but guaranteed when you got your broadband but suggests extreme weather, which doesnt go on for months. I have carried out the checks numerous times and even swapped the micromaster filter as requested but that did not make any difference.

No further forward than before. 

Please advise

Baldlen
Topic Author

Please see my reply yesterday still waiting a response

Baldlen
Topic Author

Please reopen this chat as nothing has been resolved, see my latest comment

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion