Discussion topic: How do I get a replacement router?

This message was authored by Thalia.B This message was authored by: Thalia.B

How do I get a replacement router?

I cannot for the life of me find anything on the sky website about buying a new hub, getting a replacement OR any option to talk to an actual human being.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: How do I get a replacement router?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Thalia.B  Why do you need a new hub? Is there a problem with the one that Sky gave you when you took out your broadband contract?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Thalia.B
Topic Author

its maybe 6 or 7 years old now and I think its degraded in quality a lot as the signal is very easily disturbed just by walking in front of it the wifi will go out for the next 5 or 10 minutes

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Thalia.B  Which router do you have from the link below and are you still in a minimum length contract for broadband with Sky?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

Thalia.B
Topic Author

I have the sky hub. This is just too much hassle for me I just dont want to deal with it i'm just going to give up

@Thalia.B  You have the much older hub and Sky offer the one in the middle and the one on the right depending on your package. If you call Sky by dialing 150 on your landline and stay on the line through the voice prompts.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Thalia.B 

Sky dont just hand new routers out like candy, it costs them money and there's a chip shortage. If you think you need a new router you'd have to go through the correct troubleshooting first otherwise everyone and their dog would be requesting new routers.

The router you have now is still current so would only be replaced if it was faulty. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by cliff2162 This message was authored by: cliff2162

My router died a week ago on the Friday  I called them on the first day was told we will put one in the post today you will get it in the morning. On the Tuesday I called again because it didn't arrive. I was told it's been sent wait another day . Its now Friday again still not here called again you will have to wait until it arrives they said so no Internet and I have just started a new contract with them . So dose this mean they have broken the contract and I can cancel . I know I have a 14 cooling off time but they are not for filling the contract .

This message was authored by Zygo This message was authored by: Zygo

If I am willing to pay for a new router, I should be able to have a new one!

@Zygo  Need some context on why you need a new router? Has the one that Sky supplied you with gone faulty?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Zygo Sky dont sell their hubs but will replace them for free if the current one is fsulty.

However you are free to buy and use a third party router if you want. Sky wont support you but the forum can advise. Not every router works with every service but if you post your rough budget, what product you buy from Sky and whether you are in the UK or Ireland.

It would also help,if you explain the problem you are trying to solve eg poor wifi, poor game play or whatever.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Rick+Ardo This message was authored by: Rick+Ardo

Sky should be updating routers especially since they are getting paid a handsome sum from users on a monthly basis! They are NOT struggling financially and so should be updating all customers with the latest technology when it becomes widely available!

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Rick+Ardo wrote:

Sky should be updating routers especially since they are getting paid a handsome sum from users on a monthly basis! They are NOT struggling financially and so should be updating all customers with the latest technology when it becomes widely available!

@Rick+Ardo No they shouldn't as that wouldn't be environmentally friendly, equipment should only be replaced when it's faulty and beyond repair.

This message was authored by Rick+Ardo This message was authored by: Rick+Ardo

Don't talk nonesense! The equipment, for the most part, can be recycled! So no they should not o my be replaced when faulty otherwise you reward new customers over loyal ones. I've never heard such utter rubbish to be honest!

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Rick+Ardo Name one supplier that will replace customers routers for free when new ones become available?.....

New customers are not rewarded over existing ones, new customers require a Sky router when they join that's the only reason they get the new ones, your expectation is entirely unrealistic from a financial, logistical and environmental point.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion