Discussion topic: Home move

This message was authored by Carrie1973 This message was authored by: Carrie1973

Home move

I filled in a form on the Sky site letting them know when I would be moving out of our old home and moving into another. I didn't hear anything from them but thought I would hear nearer the time. I was then  informed that our broadband has been cancelled by the people moving into our old house. We have now been told that there is nothing we can do about this and we now have to wait until Friday before we can phone to ask to rejoin broadband. This is our second week without broadband and we could be waiting another week before we are connected. I work from home so this is an absolute disaster. On top of that, we are still being charged for Sky Sports as they say we can still access it. This is pretty difficult without an internet connection. Surely the people moving into our old home should not be able to mess up our account so badly without us being informed first!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Home move

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carrie1973 sorty I can't give you good news. The form you completed caused Sky to place an order with Openreach to do two things first to cease the service at your new address from the move date and secondly place an order for a service at your new address. Its Openreach who do this work not Sky and Openreach have a standard 14 day lead time for domestic orders business orders are quicker. The fact you choose to use the link for work makes no difference unfortunately a domestic service is all you are buying from Sky.

If you had cancelled that move more request than 14 days before it came into effect would have sorted things. You didn't so the wheels started to turn and Openreach have accepted a new order for your old line as you had indicated was correct. Now you have to wait for that new order to cancel before Openreach can accept a new order from Sky to restore your service. The restoration will almost certainly take another 14 days.

The system works like this to prevent slamming where companies take over services without proper authority. It is inflexible by design so it is very unlikely Sky can speed things up unfortunately.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion