Discussion topic: Had remote activation but router not plugged in

This message was authored by Finn7 This message was authored by: Finn7

Had remote activation but router not plugged in

Had a remote installation but we accidentally didn't have the router plugged in so they've said it didn't work and we need an engineer. Is it possible to reattempt remote installation at a sooner date because it should now be fine to work without and engineer?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Had remote activation but router not plugged in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Finn7 

Was today your activation date?

Remote activations can take up to midnight and it shouldn't matter if you didn't install the router just plug it in later on this evening

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Had remote activation but router not plugged in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Finn7 

Not sure what the advisor you spoke to is talking about, a remote activation is Openreach speak for connecting you up at the cabinet but not requiring them to visit your home. It has nothing to do with the router being connected, it doesnt need to be.

If its past your activation date and the router still wont connect to the internet then you'll likely need an engineer visit to check the socket is okay. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion