Discussion topic: Gigafast poor speed

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Gigafast poor speed

@Richie+Shilston 

You stated in your post 5Ghz Sky mesh, that is a separate wireless network and the Asus wireless router is a separate wireless network, right? I can even see the wireless networks close by in your premises on the wireless network spectrum analysis! 😎

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Richie+Shilston This message was authored by: Richie+Shilston

Yeah I'm meaning Sky mesh as in the sky Q and both of my sky minis. My asus router (that has replaced sky router completely) is on channel 52,the sky minis are connected to 5g but on channel 32, if this is an internal function between sky boxes then all good. I'm asking as everything is do makes my 5g wifi worse.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Richie+Shilston 

The connection between the Sky Q box and Sky Q minis is another wireless network, so you do effectively have 2 wireless networks in your premises which is fine just use the channels advised or automatic whichever you prefer for performance for the Asus wireless router.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Richie+Shilston This message was authored by: Richie+Shilston

Yeah just need to experiment to get best out of asus as no better than sr203 for wifi speed.

Appreciate you replying 👍

Just to update to conclude and not leave the thread I stole open. I needed to reboot the router for changes to take full effect. Applying changes didn't seem to be enough. Now getting a good 600Mb wifi near the router. Thanks again for help Mae-3.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion