Discussion topic: Gigafast broadband dropping

This message was authored by Kay3514 This message was authored by: Kay3514

Gigafast broadband dropping

Can anyone help omg I'm going mad the Gigafast broadband  keep dropping out lagging  when gaming  it's driving me crazy  I don't even have it on the WiFi because  it's the worst  I use a cable from playstation to the back of the hub 

I've turned it off lefted it for 30 minutes started it all back up and it keeps doing   I've had someone look at it from sky  and it's fine  contract up soon so I'm thinking of going with BT but keep the tv package can you do that have a different  Internet provider 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Gigafast broadband dropping

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kay3514 you can use any Sky TV package with a third party broadband. However it is very unusual to have connection issues with a full fibre connection or to have latency issues on a gaming device if connected by direct ethernet. Given you will be using the same fibre link from the.exchange to the ONT if you swap it is worth getting to the bottom of the issue before you switch as the issue could move with you.. 

One duagnostic check you may want to run is to set up a Broadband Quality Monitor which pings your router at regular intervals and measures the round trip time so you get a graph of average ping, packet loss  etc. See https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion