Discussion topic: G.Fast Line Attenuation stats - Only D1 showing a value

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: G.Fast Line Attenuation stats - Only D1 showing a value

@Mrmatthews 

The noise margin at higher levels on G.fast would indicate a better line with spare capacity when the line is performing at its maximum for the service subscribed to with Sky.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Mrmatthews This message was authored by: Mrmatthews

Re: G.Fast Line Attenuation stats - Only D1 showing a value

Mysky comes back at average 3.6-4.5% retransmition on a 150mb connection with 4ms latency.

idk what this means, but my mobile internet gets 0%-0.5% retransmition and 1-3ms latency.

on a side note, with new football season kicking off today, i attempted to stream a match, but the buffereing and loss of stream every 60 seconds was terrible, BUT all streamed fine with my O2 mobile data, also this new paramount+ servive on my skyQ buffers about every 60 seconds? anyone else getting that?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion