Discussion topic: Full fibre speed upgrade

This message was authored by waltong This message was authored by: waltong

Full fibre speed upgrade

Hi.
So it's contract renewal time and I was proposing to increase my speed from 125mb to 500mb.  We have Open Reach fibre in the street (I was at home when they fitted it). Upgrade online says I already have the fastest speed available. 5 calls to Sky now and I'm going around in circles. Sky say they checked OpenReach fibre checker and it's not full fibre. I check OpenReach fibre checker and it says it's available.  
My next door neighbour has BT gig speed connection. 
Any thoughts? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Full fibre speed upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@waltong 

Yes: that confirms Openreach wholesale FTTP is available at your address, so it's probably just that Sky has yet to import the new dataset into its sales systems. 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@waltong 

Can you enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@waltong wrote:

Any thoughts? 

Yes: Sky appears to be rather slow in importing updated Openreach information into its sales systems.

waltong
Topic Author

FE1F07D2-DEF1-4A60-99F1-3CA5914940CE.png

F69DF4BD-0977-4E0D-A2EA-63B4925410E6.png

C5F86B2F-E620-4D72-ACDD-0F5AB9D37609.png

waltong
Topic Author

Hi 

I'm hoping that worked. I had to screen shot from my phone as the file wouldn't upload.

Than you! 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@waltong 

Yes: that confirms Openreach wholesale FTTP is available at your address, so it's probably just that Sky has yet to import the new dataset into its sales systems. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@waltong 

Incidentally there's also other significant information there:

Openreach Service Network Notes (SNN) Openreach Install Category Approximate lead time impact Openreach Scenario Setting customer expectations

OH Feed alternate L2C solution required 

2 stage Standard
+2 weeks
Tetra can’t be used. Rendered or Listed buildings, shop fronts

The fibre optic cable is coming in overhead, but the engineers cannot safely use the Tetra ladder system (where it's anchored into a wall to provide safety). Therefore another option needs to be devised.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@waltong 

Appears to be available with the only caveat being "alternate l2c solution required which they cannot safely mount a tetra ladder ie if your house is rendered. However this delays the install not the availability

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@waltong 

Do you already have an ont installed

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

@TimmyBGood "increase my speed from 125mb to 500mb" thats the only thing i don't quite grasp . No g.fast 

Edit my bad g.fast is available

@waltong 

I think you're stuck in limbo . On a g.fast line which runs over copper at the minute and as @TimmyBGood says maybe to early for sky to have updated their database for full fibre fttp

waltong
Topic Author

Nope. I'm definitely on an old open reach connection in the house, although my next door neighbour has full fibre via BT and the fibre connection is literally in between our two houses. BT/TalkTalk/Vodafone are all saying they'll provide me gig speed broadband. Even Sky (as a new customer) says I can have it.  I'm wondering whether to order it as a new property owner and see what happens?! 

waltong
Topic Author

Well we've sunk to a new level off madness. Sky retentions team have now said there is a way to get full fibre BUT if would require me to reduce to a 5mg old style adsl connection for a week or few and then upgrade the connection. Or get BT to install it and cancel within the cooling off period. 
I give up! 
Thanks for all your responses. 

This message was authored by Rogerthelodger This message was authored by: Rogerthelodger

I've received a leaflet from sky saying full fibre is now available to me, but when I go online to apply it says it isn't!!!  Come on sky get your act together. 

This message was authored by Stu2071 This message was authored by: Stu2071

Anyone who help me on this one.

Openreach say I can have Full Fibre, next door neighbour has full fibre with BT.  Sky say I can't!  HELP!!!

Screenshot 2022-11-21 003031.jpg

This message was authored by Rogerthelodger This message was authored by: Rogerthelodger

I have the same issue. Seems as though skys databases take ages to catch up with BT so you just have to keep trying. It's been ages since I had the leaflet from sky and yet it still shows as unavailable on their website. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion