Discussion topic: Full Fibre Cable Installation

This message was authored by jm10 This message was authored by: jm10

Full Fibre Cable Installation

I am switching to Sky and having full fibre installed at the weekend. Openreach have done their bit and the grey connection box is ready for the Sky Engineer.

Simple question:  I know the cable run must terminate near an electrical socket, but is there any limit to the distance of run  that is allowed from the Openreach box?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Full Fibre Cable Installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jm10 

Theoretically yes as Openreach specify a maximum of 10m worth of fibre run. However you could always try and sweet talk the engineer with tea & biscuits 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
jm10
Topic Author

Re: Full Fibre Cable Installation

Thanks James -  I think 10m should do it but I'll make sure the kettle is on!   Regards, John

@jamesn123 

jm10
Topic Author

Re: LANDLINE NOT WORKING

Hi, sorry to "piggyback" on this thread but.....

I transferred to Sky yesterday with a new fibre installation for broadband and talk. This was done at 1015 and the broadband is working fine. The phone is connected to the back of the hub but the engineer said it would take time to connect. At 1715, I had dialling tone but could not send or receive calls. I followed the online fault finding including switching the hub on and off. I then spoke with a sky call centre, who told me it could take 24 hours to work. It is now 1300 on Sunday and I have outgoing calls but still no incoming calls. Do I sit and wait or report it as a fault?

It appears that my problem is not unique, so I am disappointed as a new Sky customer, that I was not warned about the possible lengthy delays and what to do?     Regards, John

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jm10  Rather than piggy backing onto a different thread i've merged your latest post to your previous thread for continuity.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

jm10
Topic Author

Sorry GD1, I'm new to this process!

@GD1 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion