Discussion topic: Fibre dropping on extenders

This message was authored by MarcnCheryl This message was authored by: MarcnCheryl

Fibre dropping on extenders

Hi 

Just had fibre installed with a new router from Sky.  My range extenders which are TP450 all worked fine before, now they keep dropping out.  Is there any config setting on the fibre router that is an issue?

Thanks

Marc

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Fibre dropping on extenders

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarcnCheryl nothing specific Sky hubs except have dual band SSIDs by default.  However it is highly likely using multiple third party wifi extenders will be interfering with the hub's wifi. You maybe better off turning off the hub's wifi linking one extender to it by ethernet and just using the TP-Link units.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MarcnCheryl
Topic Author
This message was authored by MarcnCheryl This message was authored by: MarcnCheryl

Hi Chrisee.  Would this affect the wifi to the Sky Mini Box?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MarcnCheryl 

Sounds like you may have been upgraded from a single band router to dual band which has caused problems with your extenders.

I would actually advise against turning off the Sky hub's WiFi, Instead I would bin off the extenders and if you need extra WiFi coverage either look at getting a Sky booster or a 3rd party Access Point

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion