Discussion topic: Fibre community upgrade ready how do I book a fibre upgrade

This message was authored by 13thmonkey This message was authored by: 13thmonkey

Fibre community upgrade ready how do I book a fibre upgrade

Openreach have emailed to say that they've started turning properties on in the village, so it's time to order a fibre service. Can't do it online as it doesn't recognise that I'm fibre ready, which I'm not yet, but openreach will liaise and track the order. 

So what do I do? There's a village full of people here many will be on sky. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil Answer

Re: Fibre community upgrade ready how do I book a fibre upgrade

Can take around a month from openreach completing the work to them starting to allow sales to go through

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@13thmonkey 

There may just be no way to do so if the Sky sales database says there's no FTTP infrastructure locally.

I'd suggest reviewing the Openreach information on the scheme.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-community-partnership 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
13thmonkey
Topic Author
This message was authored by 13thmonkey This message was authored by: 13thmonkey

So all of that's been done, we've signed up as a village, got the numbers, openreach have dug trenches, and now they've emailed to say you are good to order. And when all is finally ready they'll work with whoever and install do they can claim their funding back. 

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

If openreach records have been updated to show full fibre but Sky's systems have not caught up yet you would need to call sky so they can raise a form wise to openreach to have the relevant updates done

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@13thmonkey youbcan check the position by entering your full address in this checker DSL Checker

If you post the result obscure the referencecto your address.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
13thmonkey
Topic Author

I'm reading that result as them not thinking we have fttp yet, I'm in touch with the openreach rep who was helping us drum up support. Will figure out what's going on, only got the email yesterday morning so might only be updated on Monday. Openreach's fibre checker says we can do upto 1gbit. 

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil Answer

Can take around a month from openreach completing the work to them starting to allow sales to go through

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Depends with their elc system I s updated for your area, usually done once or twice a month 

13thmonkey
Topic Author

Thanks everyone! 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@13thmonkey until that checker shows availability no isp can place an orfer as it is querying the Openreach database. My own experience was when you can see availibility there Sky can order but you may have to call. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion