Discussion topic: Fibre broadband

This message was authored by izz2203 This message was authored by: izz2203

Fibre broadband

I have just plugged in my fibre broadband and it is asking me to plug landline/phone into hub but I don't have a landline phone. I can't get it to work, do I need to have a phone to plug in before it will work?

All Replies

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Re: Fibre broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@izz2203 wrote:

I have just plugged in my fibre broadband and it is asking me to plug landline/phone into hub but I don't have a landline phone. I can't get it to work, do I need to have a phone to plug in before it will work?

@izz2203 

You don't need a landline in order to use your broadband connection.
When was your go live/activation date? If today, it can take until midnight before being live.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@izz2203  Are you talking about that the internet light is still amber or not lit at all?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
izz2203
Topic Author

It was yesterday and I got a text to say it was ready for use yesterday. When I follow the online instructions it asks me to plug in phone to box and there isn't an option for skipping that. I've switched it on and off several times and still no joy.

izz2203
Topic Author

The internet light is not lit at all

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@izz2203A phone does not need to be plugged into the router if you don't want to plug one in. But if the internet light is not lit then looks like your service is not active.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion