Discussion topic: Falsely sold

This message was authored by Kers This message was authored by: Kers

Falsely sold

Just joined sky and was told if I had wifi dead spots like with BT they would supply a similar device (like the BT halo) for free once I had set it up. Told today it would be £7.99 a month. Then offered 49p off ?!? Pathetic customer service and misleading customers 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Falsely sold

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kers if you were given incorrect information complain to Sky as they can listen to the recording of the call.

Assume they are offering you the new Wifi Max which normally costs £10 a month. If you currently pay for Broadband Boost at £6 per month which also offers a booster that is replaced by the new package.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Kers
Topic Author

That's the offer but the lack of actual apology or care is the issue. Almost like they are used to the complaint? Must be rolling out the same sales speech to customer everyday. 49p reduction from £7.99 is a joke 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kers wrote:

Just joined sky and was told if I had wifi dead spots like with BT they would supply a similar device (like the BT halo) for free once I had set it up. Told today it would be £7.99 a month.

Worth noting that BT charge a considerable premium for 'Halo' in order to offer 'free' Whole Home WiFi disks .

Their current 'Whole Home' add-on is £12 a month

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Kers
Topic Author

Not massively relevant to my situation. But I assume working for Sky you're encouraged to post like this

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kers 

I don't work for Sky: I'm indicating that the ISP market regards 'better' WiFi coverage, and particularly loan of 'booster' units, as a chargeable extra.

Kers
Topic Author

The issue is, I was offered it for free when signing up. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Kers  Given the indicator below attached to our posts i'm at a loss as to how you came to the conclusion they work for Sky?

GD1_0-1689264215211.png

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@Kers wrote:

The issue is, I was offered it for free when signing up. 

Then as @Chrisee indicates you'll need to challenge the billing.  We're saying that it would be very unusual for 'Broadband Boost' or 'WiFi Max' to be without cost (particularly for a whole minimum term) because charging for them is part of the Sky Broadband business model, as is the case with similar products from other ISPs

I imagine it's possible that, for example, an advisor was trying to indicate that loan of booster hardware was 'free' once the Broadband Boost or WiFi Max supplement was added to the monthly subscription.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Kers 

When you were offered it for 'free' the agent was probably saying that you would be provided with a free booster as part of the broadband boost addon package. However if you did not end up taking that package or it was missed off your order then you wouldnt be entitled to a booster until you subscribed to the boost package. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Kers
Topic Author

I was told if I needed a the sky equivalent of halo I would be sent one free once I'd set up the broadband etc. Very clear 

@Kers wrote:

I would be sent one free once I'd set up the broadband

And that's correct, if the required subscription supplement is in place.

@Kers Ss I posted before raise a formal complaint giving the date of the call Sky record all calls and can listen to exactly what was said. If you disagree with what Sky's answer to your complaint it can go to an independent arbiter.See How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

However what is not in doubt is Sky customers dont get boosters unless they buy the add on packages. The agent either made a mistake which is possible they are humans or there was a misunderstanding. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Kers
Topic Author

I agree people make mistakes and I said that's likely what's happened, but said his mistake shouldn't cost me £7.99 per month. I'm will to pay just not that amount or the 49p reduction. 
£5 I'd have been happy to get onboard, plus the fact they didn't even really care, just told me to cancel if I didn't want the 49p reduction. 

@Kers then complain we are customers like yourself so can't help you any more than we have already.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion