Discussion topic: FULL FIBRE.CAN I GET IT DIRECT TO HOUSE.I LIVE IN LANGLEY BLACKFIELD.....

This message was authored by B+HENDRY This message was authored by: B+HENDRY

FULL FIBRE.CAN I GET IT DIRECT TO HOUSE.I LIVE IN LANGLEY BLACKFIELD.....

I HAVE NOTICED THAT FIBRE IS BEING PUT IN AROUND MY AREA.

FIRSTLY I WANT TO KNOW WHEN IT WILL BECOME AVAILABLE AND IF I CAN GET IT DIRECT TO MY HOUSE FROM THE PUBLIC FOOTPATH.

IF I CAN HOW DO I ARRANGE THIS WITH SKY AS YOU CANNOT TALK TO ANYONE THESE DAYS.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP SOMEONE CAN GIVE.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: FULL FIBRE.CAN I GET IT DIRECT TO HOUSE.I LIVE IN LANGLEY BLACKFIELD.....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@B+HENDRY  Please don't post in block capitals as it make it appear you are shouting.

As we are all customers here we can't tell you if you can get FTTP to your property, you may be best checking here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@B+HENDRYOnce the database that @GD1 has asked you to fill in your details has been updated to show that full fibre is available it can take Sky a few weeks to update their database to enable you to order it from them.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by paulw12345 This message was authored by: paulw12345

I registered with open reach here

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

They are supposed to email me when FTTP is available to my house...

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@paulw12345I did the same thing, but it did take Sky around 5-6 weeks for their database to update to enable you to get service through Sky via FTTP. But other ISPs like BT might be faster updating their own database.

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@Highlinder wrote:

@paulw12345I did the same thing, but it did take Sky around 5-6 weeks for their database to update to enable you to get service through Sky via FTTP. But other ISPs like BT might be faster updating their own database.

It varies quite a bit. When FTTP became available round my way I could order from Sky the day after Openreach emailed me to let me know it was available. The only problem was I had to wait 4 week for installation.

@simon194 wrote:

@Highlinder wrote:

It varies quite a bit. When FTTP became available round my way I could order from Sky the day after Openreach emailed me to let me know it was available. The only problem was I had to wait 4 week for installation.

Same here, placed the order on the 24 March and the earliest install was 20 May; we were a stage 1 install too! 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

@Skull+TreatyPlaced order on the 22nd May, install date 6th June. Outside work done 4 days after order without any issues.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Highlinder 

That is a good turnaround, shame I wasn't as lucky. I had to opt for an LTE device in the short turn. 
Good to know that OR are sorting the backlog finally, as of the 23 May they had six weeks of Stage 2 installs still to crack on with. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

@Skull+TreatyHad KCI2 Assure install process, found out my duct was blocked so was able to an ajoining one, so no hassle.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Highlinder 

Excellent timeframe nonetheless ; )

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion