Discussion topic: FTTP now in my area, but......

This message was authored by sv1970 This message was authored by: sv1970

FTTP now in my area, but......

BT Openreach have very recently installed FTTP in our small housing development, and both BT and TalkTalk seem able to offer me a fast FTTP service.

However I'm in a contract with Sky and they are not recognising that FTTP is now available.

Has this happened to anyone else? is it just a matter of time before Skys systems catch up with this, or is there some other commercial reason?

Any advice appreciated.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: FTTP now in my area, but......

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sv1970 

Yeah, i know. I  reckon sky system hasn't updated maybe leave a week and call them again. Sky are getting quicker the day wbc fttp showed on bt wholesale sky said it was also available in my flat

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@sv1970 It's likely Skys systems are slow to uodate.

Out of interest can you post the results from here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome removing any address data.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

sv1970
Topic Author

2022-07-15.png

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@sv1970  Thank you, it does show as available but I'm not sure what the availability status means @cookiemonsteruk   @Chrisee  may be able to shed more light on that.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@sv1970 

@GD1 

Stage 2 = possibly 4 weeks to install probably due to congested duct and planning permission to dig and clear the duct.

Did you ring sky or check online? 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

sv1970
Topic Author

thanks for the assistance, I did both ring then and check online, no dice!

I saw the comment regarding a congested duct, bizzare, our housing development is only 2 years old!

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@sv1970 

Yeah, i know. I  reckon sky system hasn't updated maybe leave a week and call them again. Sky are getting quicker the day wbc fttp showed on bt wholesale sky said it was also available in my flat

sv1970
Topic Author

Thanks, will give it a few weeks and try again.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@sv1970 nothing bizarre about blocked ducts on new developments it is quite common unfortunately.  Many developers dont seem to really care about the condition of the infrastructure they installed especially once the properties are sold.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion