Discussion topic: Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox Series S console

This message was authored by ChazT03 This message was authored by: ChazT03

Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox Series S console

image.jpg

 Just got a new router installed today by an OpenReach engineer. Tried to connect the spare Ethernet cable that came with the router to my Xbox but it's not connecting. I've tried restarting the console and resetting the router but it's still not working. Unfortunately don't have any other devices with ethernet ports to test the cable on. Is there anything else I can do to connect them?

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox Series S console

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChazT03 

That is not an ethernet cable (RJ45) its a RJ11 cable which is used to connect telephony/ADSL. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion