Discussion topic: Engineer for installation was a no show

This message was authored by franlou97 This message was authored by: franlou97

Engineer for installation was a no show

Hello,

I had an engineer appointment booked for today between 8am and 1pm, waited all day and nobody turned up, contacted me etc. It got to 6:45pm and I received a text from openreach to say the work had been started remotely from one of their street cabinets about an hour or so passed (bearing in mind i can see the box from the window of my property) no work was being done, I then received an update that the engineer was unable to complete the job. Another emailed followed stating he had not been able to access my property which is absolutely ridiculous, I was home all day and I live above my business which was open at this time. I am now being advised to reschedule my engineer appointment, wasted a day waiting today and just want to know what reason the engineer could have for blatantly lying about access and work being started, stopped and then unable to complete.

Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Pulp58 This message was authored by: Pulp58 Answer

Re: Engineer for installation was a no show

They should be sending you a payment for £25 to cover the no-show, just like they bombard you with messages along the lines of 'you better be in when our installer arrives' actually that is the Sky policy so you should expect a payment by way of an apology 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@franlou97  You would have to call Sky for an update as we are all customers here like you so have no insight into why no one turned up.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

franlou97
Topic Author

I completely understand that, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows what the process might be in terms of getting a solution.

Thanks for your reply 😊

This message was authored by Pulp58 This message was authored by: Pulp58 Answer

They should be sending you a payment for £25 to cover the no-show, just like they bombard you with messages along the lines of 'you better be in when our installer arrives' actually that is the Sky policy so you should expect a payment by way of an apology 

franlou97
Topic Author

I didn't realise they'd compensate for the no show which i suppose is decent enough of them, im just a bit niffed that the engineer has gone so far out of their way to avoid doing the job after waiting all day. 

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it 🙂 

This message was authored by Orla72 This message was authored by: Orla72

I have been waiting in all day for the engineer to install my broadband and the engineer was supposed to come between 8 am and 1 pm and not heard anything. I called sky which I had to wait for 40 minutes to answer and all they said that he may show up but if not they would reschedule for tomorrow. Not heard anything.

is it possible to cancel the contract? 
mid thus is what they're like for first instalment which I've waited over one week I would rather do without

This message was authored by Pulp58 This message was authored by: Pulp58

Of course. You have terms and conditions as well as Sky. Yours was that in return for you staying in all day to accommodate their installation they had to turn up, they didn't so they broke the contract.

Just call them via their complaints service and tell them your cancelling the contract, they will of course try to persuade you to stay.

You also have a 14-day cooling off period which they should have advised you of when entering into such agreements.

This message was authored by Tredlig12345 This message was authored by: Tredlig12345

Just arranged an engineer booked for 25th between 08-1300 has just been cancelled for no reason I need you to rebook a slot for me

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tredlig12345You are not talking to Sky here, this is a forum for customers just like yourself. You will have to give Sky a call to get another time for an engineer to come out.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion