Discussion topic: Engineer didn’t attend - can i claim compensation?

This message was authored by Norffas This message was authored by: Norffas

Engineer didn’t attend - can i claim compensation?

Hi,

I had posted a few days ago about my Internet going down. An engineer was supposed to come out on Tuesday between 8 am and 1 pm.

Around 1 pm that day my Internet came back on. I only knew this because I checked the router and the lights were working again. The engineer did not call at my house and I have had no contact from Sky at all to say what was wrong with the Internet or that the engineer had possibly fixed it externally. 

I wasted the whole morning at home waiting for the engineer to call and he did not even knock on my door.

I do not even know if he did in fact fix it or if it just came back on on its own.

My question is, can I claim the compensation fee for a mist engineer appointment?

Thank you for your help

All Replies

This message was authored by Sky-2022 This message was authored by: Sky-2022

Re: Engineer didn’t attend - can i claim compensation?

Hi, @Norffas.

The following link may help = https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky Q UHD 1TB (on ethernet) & Sky Superfast - SR203 router (59mbps downstream, 16mbps upstream - average)
If my reply is correct/up-to-standard mark it as answered.
If I get it incorrect, educate me - I am open to learning from others as we are one community.
If I say something you find informative and helpful give me a thumbs up.
I am trying to level my way through progressively 🙂
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Norffas 

The original post describing red los did indicate an external fault that maybe turned out as not requiring a visit to your property. You could try the auto compensation route 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Norffas
Topic Author
This message was authored by Norffas This message was authored by: Norffas

@cookiemonsteruk 

Hi, thank you for replying.  

Yes I agree, I'm pretty sure they fixed it externally.

It was just very annoying that I waited in the house all morning for them to attend and they didn't even tell me they had fixed the fault. 
I just called Sky and explained the situation and they agreed that openreach should've contacted me.

They have offered me a £15 credit to my account and free Netflix for four months so I'm happy with that. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion