Discussion topic: Earlier Openreach date, what now?

This message was authored by ateam55 This message was authored by: ateam55

Earlier Openreach date, what now?

I'm due to have Sky FTTP installed by Openreach in the middle of next month. I've now had a text from Openreach saying that they have completed their prep work earlier than planned and have asked if I have a new preferred installation date. The Openreach text is from a legitimate number that they use. I have responded with a new preferred date but have heard nothing from Sky or Openreach. The Sky website still shows my original installation date. What happens now? Will I get confirmation if the date is changed? Will my router be sent earlier or will the original activation date stand? Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Earlier Openreach date, what now?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ateam55  Might be worth giving Sky a call Monday afternoon unless they contact or update your order first.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@ateam55  When did you get the text from Openreach and when did you respond to it?

ateam55
Topic Author

Yesterday (Friday 27/07) for both text and response.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@ateam55  Might be worth giving Sky a call Monday afternoon unless they contact or update your order first.

ateam55
Topic Author

@HighlinderThanks. May be mid next week before I can call but a sensible way to progress. I suppose Sky or Openreach could be in touch before then to confirm things.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion