Discussion topic: Drop in service

This message was authored by Hw213 This message was authored by: Hw213

Drop in service

Every night for months now my tv buffers every 2 mins, it's driving me mad, I don't finish work till gone 11pm so I want to watch tv at night and I can't get through any show without it buffering constantly, I don't want to upgrade but at the end of the day I am paying for services that I am never able to use when I want to use it and it's still not cheap so why is this happening every night? It's not good enough as a service, sometimes it's 2-5 mins pause between each part 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Drop in service

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hw213 normally the cause of video buffering is poor WiFi signal assuming you are not using an ethernet cable.  You can check the connection speed within the TV's Netflix app in the Get Help menu/ Network test. You need around 10Mb/s for HD or 25Mb/s for UHD. However bandwidth is only half of the story as you need axsignal free from interference most likely caused by your neighbours' networks. You can try rebooting your Sky hub when it is affected as that will make itvfind tge least congested channel to use. 

You may need extra equipment to improvecWiFi in your home which Sky can provide for an extra charge in packages like Sky WiFi Max or Broadband Boost. Alternatively you can buy your own kit.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion