Discussion topic: Download speed cap - Openreach and Sky Engineers say so!

This message was authored by LochgellyWiFi This message was authored by: LochgellyWiFi

Download speed cap - Openreach and Sky Engineers say so!

Hi All, 

We have had some issues with getting our guaranteed minimum speeds recently. We pay for a minimum of 55mbps. Most days we struggle to hit 30mbps. Sky sent an engineer out on 25th June, who had a look and ran the same tests I can online. She told me that Openreach need to come out and fix the line. So, this morning at 8am, Openreach show up. They check the line, all fine, and they say that Sky has placed a speed cap on our service. So I phone Sky immediately, who tell me they can't do this and that Openreach need to fix this issue. So I go to Openreach...who tell me sky needs to fix it. 

Only been with this company 4 weeks and already such horrific customer service and experience. Already looking elsewhere as they are in breach of contract. 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Download speed cap - Openreach and Sky Engineers say so!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LochgellyWiFi 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Download speed cap - Openreach and Sky Engineers say so!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LochgellyWiFi Sky don't have ability to put speed caps on fibre or fibre to the cabinet connections, only the DLM operated by Openreach can.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion