Discussion topic: Does my router auto reboot?

This message was authored by Eyebalpaul67 This message was authored by: Eyebalpaul67

Does my router auto reboot?

Every night at around 3am my home security products go offline. Does my router automatically reset itself which cuts the connection to my security devices?  If so can it be stopped?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Does my router auto reboot?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eyebalpaul67  Do you have Sky Q?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Eyebalpaul67 it shouldn't happen every night but various house keeping activities are done overnight These include  the DLM system optimising the line if the error levels require it, firmware updates etc. These are not something customers can control. The connection should come back within 5 minutes which most alarms etc can cope with. If the network in your area is being upgraded or maintaince is being run the downtime can be several hours again its unavoidable. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Eyebalpaul67
Topic Author
This message was authored by Eyebalpaul67 This message was authored by: Eyebalpaul67

Yes I have SkyQ

Eyebalpaul67
Topic Author

It happens every night at 3am. My security cameras come back online but my smoke detectors don't and I have to reinstall them each morning 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Eyebalpaul67  Could be that your Sky Q is going into ECO mode. Do they come back up later in the morning themselves?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Eyebalpaul67
Topic Author

@Highlinder @My security cameras come back but my smoke detectors remain offline and I have to reinstall each time

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Eyebalpaul67 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-the-standby-settings 

Eco mode between 2.30am and 5:45am means the 'Q mesh' WiFi hotspot function drops during that time too.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Eyebalpaul67
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood Thank you I have changed my sky Q box from eco mode and will see if that fixes it. 

This message was authored by Area255 This message was authored by: Area255

• Be careful about not using Eco mode, as you may have EPG issues. I did, and found I had to go into Eco mode for the EPG to populate correctly. 
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Area255 

Never had an issue with the EPG while using Active mode rather than Eco. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Area255 This message was authored by: Area255

@jamesn123 not sure about active. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion