Discussion topic: Device connection limit

This message was authored by ZooropaMan This message was authored by: ZooropaMan

Device connection limit

After some troubleshooting, I've discovered Sky appear to be limiting my connected devices to 33.  Anyone else have this issue or advice on how to resolve or increase this?

im on  Sky Broadband Superfast and the router is a Sky Hub 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Device connection limit

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ZooropaMan 

I think it's higher than that. Someone on here recently quoted the device limit on the latest Sky Hub SR203 is around 128 devices (64 on 2.4ghz and 64 on 5ghz). If you do a search in the search box above and put in Device Limit you may find some relevant threads. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
ZooropaMan
Topic Author
This message was authored by ZooropaMan This message was authored by: ZooropaMan

Thanks but I've done a quick search but didn't find anything conclusive.  My hub is the SR102 and is definitely limiting my connected devices. If I disconnect one device, another unconnected device will connect. Max connections is 33 though.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@ZooropaMan 

I've just searched. Top post was https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/64-device-limit/m-p/3915369 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
ZooropaMan
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@ZooropaMan 

I've just searched. Top post was https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/64-device-limit/m-p/3915369 

Thanks for that.   So the 64 limit seems to apply to the SR203 but I'm stuck with the older SR102.  Seems the only way to bet a new router is to buy broadband boost which I don't require as my house Wi-Fi coverage is fine.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ZooropaMan wrote:

So the 64 limit seems to apply to the SR203 but I'm stuck with the older SR102.

When the 102 was specified, designed and built no-one was expected to have 30+ IP devices at their address.  That thing is basically a decade old  and working to a wireless standard which was out-of-date even at the time....

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/12/uk-isp-sky-broadband-launch-new-sky-hub-router-integra... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

On the older Sky Hub, it's single band and it is likely to have a lower limit than the 64 mentioned in the other post. 
You can't change this using the Sky equipment, options would be to change to a third party device or subscribe to Broadband Boost to get the latest Sky Broadband Hub - it's that device that has the limit @Daniel0210 posted a link to. 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by GunnerR This message was authored by: GunnerR

did you ever resolve this?  I seem to have the same issue - I think I have around 40 devices and anything about about 32 it wont allow to connect.  so much so, that i can turn off wifi on one device and then it will connect to another device that previously wasn't able to connect.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion