Discussion topic: Could my Sky router be randomly blocking apps?

This message was authored by Eddie8 This message was authored by: Eddie8

Re: Could my Sky router be randomly blocking apps?

Did you resolve the issue? I'm currently having the same issue 

Scruffy+Monkey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Scruffy+Monkey This message was authored by: Scruffy+Monkey

Hi, short answer no, long answer, no.

This message was authored by Adam+Doona This message was authored by: Adam+Doona

I wonder if you issues is similar to mine. The sky router to seems to randomly be blocking certain apps on my phone. So is it the connection from the inverter to the router or is it the router is somehow blocking the phone app.

All the BBc news and sports failed to work on my phone, after much messing about I found if I switched off the WiFi on my phone and reverted to mobile data they worked fine. This is happening quite often with other apps too, restarting the router seems to work for a while then it happens again, it massively frustrating. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adam+Doona the only part of the Sky Broadband set up that can block contrnt is the parental protection filter Broadband Shield which by default it is set to age 13 however the account holder can change the setting or turn the filter off in the My Sky app under Product Settings 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Adam+Doona This message was authored by: Adam+Doona

Oh the irony, that I can't access the My Sky app on my Sky wifi only Lebara mobile data.  🤣🤣

Broadband Shield is disabled, still having problems with different apps. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adam+Doona does access vary between devices? If it does are you running any Internet security software as that can also block apps. Sky only block sites when told you by a UK court order and most definitely allow access to their own apps.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion