Discussion topic: Connected to WiFi without Internet

This message was authored by Percy180 This message was authored by: Percy180

Connected to WiFi without Internet

Middle light on my router is not lit I've powered off and on, no change

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Connected to WiFi without Internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Percy180 Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Percy180
Topic Author
This message was authored by Percy180 This message was authored by: Percy180

I've done that and it says there are no issues
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Percy180 I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by jennifer1620 This message was authored by: jennifer1620

Not sure if this is the same issue as mine but my internet went down on Friday night, no lights whatsoever and no issues in my area. I'm not sure if this will help you as I have an older box but my partner changed the micro filter attached to the box which attaches to the phone line and it worked. If u have a box which Connects to the phone line try swapping out the cable or Changing the micro filter.

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@jennifer1620 Useful piece of info for you, micro filters can sometimes go bad as you have found out,

And if this is and should be plugged into your master telephone connection point, and if using any other extensions etc filters would also be required on those if phones connected, you should consider having the old master socket replaced. The new modern master sockets have a far better filter system. Just some info for you.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Percy180 an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Percy180 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion