Discussion topic: Change Sky Hub/router from old hub to new one

This message was authored by weescottygirl This message was authored by: weescottygirl

Change Sky Hub/router from old hub to new one

Can anyone tell me if I am on SKY plus and using the hub, can I use the newer one SR 203 model number? 

I don't have Sky Q, only sky plus 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Change Sky Hub/router from old hub to new one

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@weescottygirl 

The sky broadband hub sr203 is the latest hub for sky fibre to the cabinet and sky fibre to the premises.  If you have sky broadband and have been issued the sr203 you would be advised to use the latest model

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
weescottygirl
Topic Author
This message was authored by weescottygirl This message was authored by: weescottygirl

I have the older hub and use this but would like to buy separately if possible the newer one, SR 203  which I know is better? 

Will my sky plus work on this newer one if, I was to buy one? 

16691242556794064763886707052724.jpg

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@weescottygirl 

You can't buy them (and most certainly would not be advised to buy of ebay etc) these are issued on a loan basis .

You could call sky on 150 from your sky landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

To see if you could upgrade to the ER110/115 and the one you have is close to obsolete

The sr203 is only issued if :-

You have the broadband boost add on at £5 extra p.m.

You have an fttp connection

Or if you have an fttc connection and the calls are through internet calls as opposed to the landline

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
weescottygirl
Topic Author

Thank you for your quick reply,

yes I have seen these particular new routers  for sale on line..

I wasn't sure if they would work with my broadband and I will need to check my package.

the reason I wasn't wanting to phone Sky directly as they will probably want you to sign up to a contract, but I am not really wanting to do if I can help that. Thanks 👍 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@weescottygirl the SR203 works with almost all Sky services so if one came into your possession it should work Sky have never sold any and the whole lot are on loan and should have been sent back. In theory they could brick one if it isnt returned but I have never heard of them doing so. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@weescottygirl 

The new router may not work with the old Sky+ system if you use an older WiFi adapter for it as they are single band only and usually dont connect to a dual band router

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion