Discussion topic: Cannot open some apps

This message was authored by bestmanufan This message was authored by: bestmanufan

Cannot open some apps

Hi, can someone help me. I am struggling to open some apps when connected on SKY Broadband but I can open those apps on BT Broadband or shopping centre broadband or mobile data. Do I have to change any settings and if so which ones. Also please direct me how to change the settings.

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Cannot open some apps

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bestmanufan  You can check your broadband shield settings. This can be found in my account under broadband & talk tab. The default is set to PG-13 and can be changed of disabled.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
bestmanufan
Topic Author
This message was authored by bestmanufan This message was authored by: bestmanufan

Thanks for your help. I have disabled SKY Shield but the problem still remains. Is there anything I can do?

Thank You

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@bestmanufan  Have you tried to leave the router off for 30 minutes and also re-start the device in question to see if this helps.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
bestmanufan
Topic Author

Thanks. I switched of the router and turned my phone off. Turned boon after 30 minutes and it still doesn't work.

I don't know what to do. More suggestions will be appreciated 

Thanks again 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@bestmanufan there are no more steps from a broadband point of view but check that your devices are not treating the Sky connection as public and limiting connectivity. By default some OSs do this and you havecto set them to trust the connection. Sky do not block any apps etc that. BT allow. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@bestmanufan 

If you have an iPhone try disabling iCloud Relay/Private browsing if its switched on

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
bestmanufan
Topic Author

Thank you all for your help. My issue has now been resolved. I do not know what has changed but I  called a SKY engineer for broadband issues I had been having and he looked at some of the settings and advised me that my broadband has a cap. He removed the cap and after few days everything has gone to normal. I am not sure if the issue was anything to do with the cap and I don't know how and when the cap was activated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion