Discussion topic: Cancelling - Changed Provider

This message was authored by Jess13 This message was authored by: Jess13

Cancelling - Changed Provider

Hi 

I can see that when I have switched my new provider will notify Sky to cancel and will then be sorted but I'm just worried this will be delayed and will be charged more! 

I want to speak to someone to confirm cancellation and some form of email to acknowledge this? 

can anyone help? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Cancelling - Changed Provider

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jess13 depends on who you are moving to if the new provider uses the Openreach network the cancellation is handled by the gaining provider and you should not cancel with Sky as that is quite likely to cause complications.

Very recently a new provider"one touch" switching system has been brought in which does the same for transfers between different networks providers. This is very new and isnt fully in place but check with your new provider whether they are using that and thst the cancellation has been requested. 

If you talk to Sky ask them to check if your new provider has asked for the transfer. Both types of switch should generate a letter from Sky along the lines "we are sorry  to lose you" so its worth checking your spam folder to see if you have had one. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jess13 wrote:

Hi 

I can see that when I have switched my new provider will notify Sky to cancel and will then be sorted but I'm just worried this will be delayed and will be charged more! 

I want to speak to someone to confirm cancellation and some form of email to acknowledge this? 

can anyone help? 

If you switching then your new provider should tell Sky, if you call Sky  follow thr advice of @Chrisee or they may misinterpret the instructuons and actually place a cancelletion request which could block the switch.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Robert19731 This message was authored by: Robert19731

My new provider has not told sky. I want to cancel my sky subscription

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Robert19731 wrote:

My new provider has not told sky. I want to cancel my sky subscription

@Robert19731 

You can't do that via the forum. Give Sky a call and give the required notice of 14 days. 

Return packaging for any equipment Sky expect back will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion