Discussion topic: Can't connect lexmark printer through wifi/ethernet

This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck

Can't connect lexmark printer through wifi/ethernet

Today i tried to connect my lexmark printer to my new sky hub. It does not see WIFI network, i made separate network for 2.4GHz but that one is also not visible for the printer. When i connect hotspot on my phone it is visible to my printer, so printer is working fine here.

I tried to connect printer via ethernet cable to the router directly, but when doing this printer is still no visible to other devices, i can't even access it configuration panel over assigned lan ip address.

Best Answers
whdck
Topic Author
This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck Answer

Re: Can't connect lexmark printer through wifi/ethernet

I switched channel manually to 7, this did not help, however, printer has an option to manually type wifi network name and password, this is cumbersome, but i did it and this helped! And after it connected manually it started to see other networks too.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@whdck 

What WiFI channel is your hub currently using? Some devices cant seem to use WiFi networks that are using channel 11+

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
whdck
Topic Author
This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck

@jamesn123thanks, it is on auto currently, i will try to switch it to lower channel and check it then.

whdck
Topic Author
This message was authored by whdck This message was authored by: whdck Answer

I switched channel manually to 7, this did not help, however, printer has an option to manually type wifi network name and password, this is cumbersome, but i did it and this helped! And after it connected manually it started to see other networks too.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion