Discussion topic: Broadband

This message was authored by becky+28 This message was authored by: becky+28

Broadband

Hi i have sky fibre broadband 145mbps running from the terminal box to my home  was running ok untill avout a week ago we had a power cut.

Since then had nothing but problems it is dropping to 3mbps then 16mbps  quite often.

We have had sky out 2 times and they changed the router  worked perfect for 10 minutes at 90mbps still low for what i had but managable.

Rang again sent open reach out been changed the box on the wall all the wires great back to 90mbs then surprise suprise back to 4mbps dowbload upload 1mbps  as anyone ever had this issue as when am ringing sky they are saying nothing we can do and open reach have said bothing more they can do if it was a steady connection i could understand but its up and down constsntly 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Broadband

@becky+28 

Could one please post the router stats, so we can see what's happening with data flow. There is a post at the top of the forum that explains how to post those router tests.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
becky+28
Topic Author

Im at work at the moment but as soon as i am home i will get them posted so you can see.

In the mean time thanks for your help i appreciate any help at the moment ita driving me potty lol

becky+28
Topic Author

• Router Statistics
System Up Time: 46:34:26

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN WANoE 5716007 9558462 0 25195 57132 46:32:38 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 2038023 431137 0 14195 493 21:01:56 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 15977290 5311525 0 0 47319 20:59:36

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 0 kbps 0 kbps
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 

@becky+28 

From the router stats, it is showing traffic flow over the WAN and quite a bit of traffic flow over wireless but there is nothing connected to the LAN. I question whether this is a wireless issue, that may need the router repositioning the router for better reception around the property.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
becky+28
Topic Author

Well its weird my husband plugged a ethernet cable direct from ps5 to the router  and was running 125mbps easy to then test the wifi which is now running at 125mbps strange ill have to unplug it later and see what it does then

@becky+28 

Under research by the community member then?

-------

becky+28
Topic Author

Unplugged ps5 and its running at 113mbps wifi with 19mbps upload which is allright but it as done this then dked of death again maybe they have did something at a terminal or something i dont know well weird the full estate as had trouble since a poor cut the other week with wifi

@becky+28 

If the PS5 is on and data is flowing because it's downloading games then that does use throughput, right to the capacity of the service you subscribe to, eg: that accounts for its use and the drop in speed for other devices and a reduction of QoE, and you need to upgrade, when possible and thus requires the Government to push forward more funds by a planning consultant if the infrastructure isn't available?

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion