Discussion topic: Broadband speed

This message was authored by AndyE1983 This message was authored by: AndyE1983

Broadband speed

My download speed is around 700kbps and it's been like this for months.

Last time we called we were told that the underground cables might be damaged (Openreach), however I suspect it's more of a technical issue.

We can't go on like this. We need the Internet for work and study.

Could somebody please help me resolve this problem.

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Broadband speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyE1983 

Can you post your hub stats

https://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

And enter you full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
AndyE1983
Topic Author
This message was authored by AndyE1983 This message was authored by: AndyE1983

Thanks for your reply.Stats.pngstats2.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@AndyE1983 

Unfortunately bt wholesale show only 15Mbps copper to the exchange adsl with no superfast fttc

There is no guarantee for adsl apart the ofcom universal service obligation of 10Mbps

Give sky another call and request that they send out an engineer to bring your line up to spec

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

@AndyE1983 

Also what speeds are you getting on 4g/5g in your area. Vodafone, EE and three do 4/5g home broadband subscriptions

This message was authored by Redfordo This message was authored by: Redfordo

Hi , would there be any reason for my WiFi to be incredibly slow also.

I'm getting 100kbps upload which is doing my head in.

Constantly dropping etc. Can't even go 5  minutes without it crashing

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Redfordo as advised above post your hub's connection stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Hi,

That post you linked doesn't show me how to get the statistics because it said click maintenance then statistics and I don't have that

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cookiemonsteruk wrote:

@AndyE1983 

There is no guarantee for adsl apart the ofcom universal service obligation of 10Mbps

Give sky another call and request that they send out an engineer to bring your line up to spec

Sky aren't the USO provider, though: that's BT.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

On the phone with them now

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Redfordo wrote:

I'm getting 100kbps upload which is doing my head in.

Outbound speed on ADSL is inherently extremely limited even on a perfect line.  1.4Mbs is the best possible (on 24Mbs inbound): if you could get 15Mbs arriving at your address then you'd hope for around 700Kbs upload.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood 

Thats only to contact sky to bring the line up to USO specs. I haven't linked in the actual ofcom uso as that just specifies excess costs over the £3500'ish 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Redfordo yes you do the link is at the right at the bottom of the maintenance landing page if you scroll down.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

@Redfordo You will struggle even more to get a suitable speed if using WiFi I'm not surprised you're getting such a low upload speed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion