Discussion topic: Broadband social tariff

This message was authored by Welshgog This message was authored by: Welshgog

Broadband social tariff

Could anybody please point me in the right direction as to how i can access the broadband social tariff? I am currently in receipt of sickness benefits and have recently been made aware of this scheme and that i would probably qualify, thank you in advance

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Broadband social tariff

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Welshgog 

Please read below for info on sky broadband basics social tariff

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Welshgog
Topic Author
This message was authored by Welshgog This message was authored by: Welshgog

Thank you, I'm pretty sure I qualify so is it just a case of getting in touch with them to get it changed over? 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Welshgog 

In the link i gave you go to the bottom of the page and click yes i need more and choose the call option

Or simply dial 150 from your landline

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Welshgog 
This link explains the process if you’re eligible for Sky Broadband Basics.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff
The Sky account holder needs to be claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income based Jobseekers Allowance or Income based Employment Support Allowance. These are the only qualifying benefits and in order for Sky to carry out checks with DWP they will need your NI number. The social tariff is for Sky Broadband Superfast 35 with an average download speed of 36Mb/s and the Sky Talk Pay As You Go tariff (ie: all calls are chargeable). It does not offer a discounted Sky Talk plan.
Broadband Basics is only available to customers who already have Sky Broadband and to add the Sky Mobile offer, you’ll need to be taking Sky Broadband Basics, and:
a) Already have Sky Mobile and a 3GB data plan.
b) Or you can add a new 3GB data plan with Sky Mobile.
If you are eligible you’ll need to call Sky to join. There is no equivalent offer for TV.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion