Discussion topic: Broadband shield error can't sign in

This message was authored by Topcat+27 This message was authored by: Topcat+27

Broadband shield error can't sign in

I have tried multiple times to sign into broadband shield to turn it and safe search off and it wont let me in and comes up with theres a problem message try again or later. I have even changed my password and the same error keeps coming up. I need this fixing or will go to former ISP as had no problems before.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Broadband shield error can't sign in

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Topcat+27You will need to call into Sky for them to access your account to change the settings in broadband shield.

Just dial 150 on your landline. When asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you might be asked for a mobile number, give this, but DO NOT hang up and it should then drop you into the queue for an advisor.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Topcat+27You will need to call into Sky for them to access your account to change the settings in broadband shield.

Just dial 150 on your landline. When asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", you might be asked for a mobile number, give this, but DO NOT hang up and it should then drop you into the queue for an advisor.

Topcat+27
Topic Author
This message was authored by Topcat+27 This message was authored by: Topcat+27

Many thanks for the suggestion I called sky and no problems at all.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Topcat+27Where they able to get into broadband shield for you and make changes or are they seeing the same error as you when trying to login from their side?

This message was authored by SMBP2010 This message was authored by: SMBP2010

Solved: Broadband shield error can't sign in

I had this problem today (Nov/2022) the day the hub was activated. A bit randomly I went to the Sky ID help sequence, clicked the option that I was a user who wanted to link their Sky ID, linked it, it told me I had then created my Sky ID (which I thought I had already) and then everything worked. You seem to have to link what you think is a fully created Sky ID (usually your email) and then it is fully created and then you can  access everything you need to. You go here and then whether or not you have Sky TV etc. just say you are a user who does and you want to link and off you go.

Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 14.57.40.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion