Discussion topic: Broadband outage

This message was authored by Rose2288 This message was authored by: Rose2288

Broadband outage

I'm trying to find an answer as to when the Internet will be restored. Has a date been given? In addition I feel we should receive compensation on our bill this month as I don't feel its fair people are paying in full for a service they aren't receiving.. I have had to use all my mobile data which usually lasts me a month in the space of 2 days as I need the Internet for work.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Broadband outage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rose2288 
I’m afraid you aren’t addressing Sky Customer Services here. This is a customer helps customer forum and Sky won’t contact you. Give Sky a call and ask if they have an update from Openreach. 

See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it once the fault has been fixed. It will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Rose2288
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rose2288 This message was authored by: Rose2288

Thank you for the reply

Do you have a number that gets through to a human rather than an automated service as I can't seem to get through to anyone 

Thanks for the help

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rose2288 
If you already have a Sky Mobile or a Sky Talk landline call free by just dialling 150, otherwise use this link:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides an 0333 number. A lot of mobile networks include 01, 02 and 03 numbers in their inclusive minutes.
ROI: change the flag in the very bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides an 0818 number.
(The forum filters don’t like us typing the digits in full).

As with most large companies the start will be automated but stay on the line and don’t hang up if you’re prompted to. The operating times of departments differs depending on the issue you’re ringing about.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Harper+21 This message was authored by: Harper+21

They don't make it easy to report it. 

@Harper+21 wrote:

They don't make it easy to report it. 

@Harper+21 

What's not easy about one phone call? Yes, the lines will be busy and yes, it'll start off automated but eventually you get through. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion