Discussion topic: Broadband not sufficient in all rooms,

This message was authored by Tony+J1 This message was authored by: Tony+J1

Broadband not sufficient in all rooms,

I have sky ultrafast and expected better! My sons Xbox is constantly slow and I have trouble getting a good signal strength in the bedrooms. Any ideas?

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: Broadband not sufficient in all rooms,

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tony+J1 

Ideally you'll need some Sky booster or to place your main hub more centrally. 

You could also look at using powerline adapters for the Xbox connection to make it stable. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Tony+J1  Does yout broadband package come with broadband boost?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Tony+J1 wrote:

I have sky ultrafast and expected better! My sons Xbox is constantly slow and I have trouble getting a good signal strength in the bedrooms. Any ideas?

You are not alone, unfortunately, give Sky a call and ask them to check you are on the right speed package and that there are no issues at their end.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@TechmanagerMal wrote:

@Tony+J1 wrote:

You are not alone, unfortunately, give Sky a call and ask them to check you are on the right speed package and that there are no issues at their end.

Being on the incorrect speed package has nothing to do with a bad signal strength in the bedrooms. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

@Tony+J1 

Ideally you'll need some Sky booster or to place your main hub more centrally. 

You could also look at using powerline adapters for the Xbox connection to make it stable. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Myrtle+67 This message was authored by: Myrtle+67

Over the last few days I've been experiencing Wi-Fi issue in my back bedroom, which is at the top of the stairs. I get about 2 meters into the room and Wi-Fi drops out and won't accept the password (keeps telling me it's incorrect). Seems to work find in the two upstairs rooms at the front of the house. 
many suggestions or ideas on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. 

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

IMO starting from the basics, you can only achieve a good signal if your access speed is correct and more importantly it appears in posts recently from @Chrisee that Sky has found an issue on their end that might need adjustment too.

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion