Discussion topic: Broadband issues

This message was authored by TAC1 This message was authored by: TAC1

Broadband issues

My wifi has been flakey for month, have reached out to Sky numourous times. They have sent three engineers to the house. One of the Sky engineeers told me I required an electrician. I paid for an electrician to come to the house who reassured me the problem lies in Skys hands. I have spent so much money ringing their contact number speaking to a different person each time who has told me different things every time. I am beyond frustrated and stressed over this situation - on Monday they referred me to the distressed customer team who promised someone would be out to the house within two days. It is now four days later I have heard nothing from them nor received an update on order tracking - yet they claim to keep you up to date on each and every step. Meaning I now have to spend more money on calling to try hear if there has been any progression with my case. This has been an awful experience with Sky, I am out a lot of money and also they continue to charge me for the serivce which blatantly does not work. This is shameful.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TAC1 wrote:

on Monday they referred me to the distressed customer team who promised someone would be out to the house within two days. 

Do you mean WiFi or broadband?

No ISP provides that kind of support for WiFi, and the broadband connection itself is supported by the national network provider (Openreach/OpenEIR) rather than the ISP, who would have a standard target time of two days to fix a lack of broadband/phone connection but don't tackle WiFi issues at all.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TAC1 first point calls to Sky's contact numbers starting with 03 should be included in whatever call package you have. If you use your Sky Talk line (or Sky Mobile if you have that) calls to Sky are free dial 150.

Your issue sounds complicated and if you are being dealt with by the priority team your call should be routed to them if you use the mobile registered to your account. It does sound odd to be referred to an electricianbut I am sure the engineer had a reason. It really wouldn't help you to try and guess what might be wrong or involve the Sky forum team unfortunately.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion