Discussion topic: Broadband is regularly dropping out

This message was authored by JB980980 This message was authored by: JB980980

Broadband is regularly dropping out

I have only been with Sky for a couple of weeks and the broadband has been terrible. Made 3 calls to helpdesk and had a visit from a broadband technician but no improvement. Broadband drops out multiple times a day, probably every 30mins. here are the router stats...any help would be much appreciated. thanksPicture2.jpg

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband is regularly dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JB980980  Do any of the lights change on the router when these dropouts happen. Where do you have your router situated?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@JB980980 

The router stats don't reflect that and show it's been up for 2 days 5 hours. And it looks like one is using wireless, for increased range, and throughput across wireless one needs to purchase another third-party router which is generally more reliable.

The performance then hits a wireless limit and then we need more research. 😀

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
JB980980
Topic Author
This message was authored by JB980980 This message was authored by: JB980980

Hi, all the lights remain green, Ethernet and WiFi both drop out. WiFi connection remains strong but I get the message no Internet. Thanks

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@JB980980 

So, you cannot ping the router at all, which indicates you have a faulty router it needs replacing. I will escalate if you confirm it by pinging '192.168.0.1' and posting the reply?

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JB980980 

Your stats suggest you are not using ethernet at all. What is your ethernet setup? To me it just sounds like you have WiFi interference which isnt a fault as such you'd just need to try and tweak your setup.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion