Discussion topic: Broadband booster

This message was authored by Scottb83 This message was authored by: Scottb83

Broadband booster

We are struggling to get a good WiFi signal in our bedroom. We have gone through all the steps to improve but signal isn't great. I've been looking at mesh systems and repeaters but see that sky do a booster box (BT send you 3 free discs) - that plus any aftermarket units are a pain to set up with Sky protocols. My issue is I can only find Sky boosters second hand and nothing about them on Sky - we have a sky mini set up to boost but it's in the wrong area of the house to help. Rather than buying different routers how would I go about getting a booster box and does that box extend or just repeat the signal I.e. would we need to connect to the strongest device depending on location? 

All I can find is how to pay for more broadband whereas I want to use what I have!

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband booster

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scottb83 

Sky supply booster hardware under the terms of the WiFi Guarantee part of the Broadband Boost subscription supplement (BT do the same with Halo/WholeHome): no ISP is likely to do so without any additional subscription revenue coming in.

If your Mini box was having connection problems, they'd supply a booster to fix that.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion