Discussion topic: Broadband/WIFI

This message was authored by LeahJT1993 This message was authored by: LeahJT1993

Broadband/WIFI

Recently for the past few months our WIFI is not reaching out living room. 

I am in a 1 bedroom ground floor flat and work from home. My router is in my bedroom and the living room is the room next to it. My Wifi reaches the kitchen which is further away than my living room and the signal drops out. I cannot use anything in the living room and stream neither. Last night I followed the troubleshooting cause on the app and did everything it says and on my sky box you could see the WIFI dropping in and out when you click on network settings, a cross X then a tick kept appearing and disapearing. 

Also, this has only started happening for the past few months (since October) but its getting worse and worse and I've had sky broadband and telly for over a year in the same place so i know its not where my router is etc.... I've even taken the card out last night as per troubleshooting and changed standby mode but its still doing it. Can someone contact me or can you send out an engineer as I'm very close to cancelling my direct debit. I have superfast broadband and I'm in a 1 bedroom flat, I should NOT be having these problems, especially since nothing has changed.  

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband/WIFI

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LeahJT1993 wrote:

Can someone contact me or can you send out an engineer as I'm very close to cancelling my direct debit.

Unfortunately you'll need to contact Sky, go through their (tedious) troubleshooting which you've already done, and then discuss the relevance of the 'WiFi Guarantee' / 'Wall-to-Wall WiFi'.

Important to note that cancelling a direct debit without formally exiting a subscription service just causes your accout to fall into deficit (and Sky stops talking to you entirely until the balance is cleared).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
LeahJT1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by LeahJT1993 This message was authored by: LeahJT1993

Thank you

I've been trying to call and getting know where so this was my last resort, is there anyway on here I can request a call back at all? 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LeahJT1993 

No you cant, when calling just state your issue as broadband technical, hold through all the automated messages and then wait in the queue. If you call at busy times then the wait can be over an hour.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion