Discussion topic: Broadband Total Loss of Service - No Auto Compensation

This message was authored by JennyKirby This message was authored by: JennyKirby

Broadband Total Loss of Service - No Auto Compensation

On Tuesday 26th September I lost my broadband service. It was around mid morning and I completely lost the service. I contacted Sky who sent an Openreach engineer out on the Thursday. He was unable to resolve the problem, which was then escalated with another Openreach engineer coming out on the following Monday. He resolved the issue (it turned out another engineer had completely severed my cable but nobody knew why and it went unreported). 

I was completely without broadband service for 6 days from 11AM on Tuesday 26th to lunchtime on Monday  2nd October.

As yet, I have had limited information about Automatic Compensation: I have had a message about Automatic Compensation for the total lack of service of £9.33. I was entirely without the service I pay for for 6 complete days so I expect to receive £9.33 x 6. I received this message on 19th October so would have expected to receive further messages relative to the other days I missed out on service.

Should i expect to see this on my bill? It is not there yet and my bill is due on 1st November. It looks like there has been an error in the calculation.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Broadband Total Loss of Service - No Auto Compensation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JennyKirby 
This link explains auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@JennyKirby 
This link explains auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
JennyKirby
Topic Author
This message was authored by JennyKirby This message was authored by: JennyKirby

Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it. I'm just a bit puzzled by why I've had one day of compensation acknowledged but not the full 6 days I was without service. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@JennyKirby it is worth querying this with Sky but note that it is only payable for complete loss of service. What happens in practice is the amount is calculated by Openreach for line faults but credited to you by Sky. On occasions Sky have said they cannot challenge Openreach's calculation which sounds odd if true.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@JennyKirby wrote:

Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it. I'm just a bit puzzled by why I've had one day of compensation acknowledged but not the full 6 days I was without service. 

By my calculations that is correct.

- If you reported the fault after midday on the 26th that doesnt count as a day.

- Then the 27th & 28th are the 2 full working days Sky have to fix the issue.

- The 29th is your 1 compensation day. 

- 30th & 1st are a weekend so dont count

- 2nd your fault was fixed so doesnt count as a compensation day

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
JennyKirby
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply, can that be correct though, that there's no compensation for loss of service on a weekend? I was without service for 6 days altogether but only get compensated for 1? I still have to pay for the service that is unavailable? Not disputing your read of the situation but it seems unfair. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@JennyKirby 

Unfortunately they are the terms set it, it out only counts on business days so weekends just dont come into it.

And yes you would still have to pay for the days you were without service, on a domestic connection there is no guarantee on fix times and you are still required to pay the bill. This is why business grade connections cost more because they are bound by SLAs and provide adequate compensation incase of a fault. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
JennyKirby
Topic Author

Thanks for your response, appreciated.

This message was authored by Steven141 This message was authored by: Steven141

I am trying to find out my details. It keeps telling me I have no products. The page is restricted 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Steven141 

Try this as you might need to link your broadband account to your ID:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-id-cant-access-all-my-services

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion