Discussion topic: Broadband Hub problems.

This message was authored by Christopher+53 This message was authored by: Christopher+53

Broadband Hub problems.

Hi everyone.  I recently got a new Sky Broadband hub and set it up as normal. Once it had been set up correctly, I noticed that certain things like Netflix on my smart television started to buffer and run slower than normal. Has anyone else had this problem when they received their new hub and set it up?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband Hub problems.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Christopher+53  How is this TV connected to your network?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Christopher+53
Topic Author
This message was authored by Christopher+53 This message was authored by: Christopher+53

@Highlinder. My smart television has built in wifi and I have found that the new Hub causes things to run slower than usual

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Christopher+53Which hub did you have before from Sky, check the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

Christopher+53
Topic Author

@Highlinder I had the one before the newest hub which was smaller than the new one which stands up instead of lying flat on the table. 

Christopher+53
Topic Author

@Highlinder My Broadband speed is anything from 65Mbps to 75Mbps which is normal for my hub. 

@Christopher+53  Normally it is the other way around that having issues with the Q hub and improvement in the Sky broadband hub. I take it the new hub is in the same place as the old one was?

Christopher+53
Topic Author

@Highlinder Yes, the new hub is sutuated exactly where the old one was and is sited so it is at it's nearest point to the box for the phone lìne. The old Sky Q hub was better as there was no buffering when watching Netflix on my smart television but there is with the new one. Any ideas know how to solve this problem?

@Christopher+53Do you still have the old router or did Sky make you send it back?

Christopher+53
Topic Author

@Highlinder I still have the old router and reconnected it. So far there have been no problems with it but the problems remains as what to do with the new router and how to solve the problem of buffering when watching Netflix on my smart television. 

@Christopher+53Just keep a hold of it for now. If you have not been asked to send it back then keep the other one as a back up.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion