Discussion topic: Blockage for fibre

This message was authored by Waitingforwific This message was authored by: Waitingforwific

Re: Blockage for fibre

Should I terminate my contract? Because i have no broadband to use right now, i can't keep waiting. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Waitingforwific 

Unfortunately any other Openreach ISP will face exactly the same issue plus an additional ten working day lead time to restart the provisioning process.

Only Virgin or an altnet ISP (laying private optical cable) can bypass an Openreach delay.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Waitingforwific This message was authored by: Waitingforwific

Oh poor me. Thanks a lot

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Waitingforwific 

The only consolation might be that if you were given an activation date at the start of this process you'll be due £6.10 for each day past that under the Ofcom compensation scheme (after the service is finally activated) and this should cover future Sky Broadband bills for quite a long time.

The activation date supposed to be on 20 May 2024.

@Waitingforwific 

Then you are already due about £300, paid as an account credit when service finally arrives.

Thank you very much for your information. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion