Discussion topic: Blockage for fibre

This message was authored by PhilipThompy This message was authored by: PhilipThompy

Blockage for fibre

An openreach engineer came today and said there was a blockage so they couldn't do what they needed to do. There's nothing on my account and sky still say my broadband will be active in two weeks. Will I be contacted by sky, do I need to cancel 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Blockage for fibre

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PhilipThompyDid they come to do the outside work to install fibre to the outside your property?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
PhilipThompy
Topic Author
This message was authored by PhilipThompy This message was authored by: PhilipThompy

Yes they did

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@PhilipThompyDo they have an idea where the duct is blocked and what needs to happen next?

PhilipThompy
Topic Author

Not sure. My question is why haven't sky informed me

@PhilipThompyIf they had only been today and Openreach let Sky know there is a duct blockage. You would have to call them in them tomorrow to see if Openreach are going to send out another team out to clear the blockage in the duct.

PhilipThompy
Topic Author

Surely sky should tell me if there's an issue with my order. I shouldn't have to Chase it. I only know there's an issue as I opened the door when they were leaving. I didn't even know they were doing anything or were there

@PhilipThompy  You can wait to see if you get any updates in regard to your install. Just have to see if you get any texts or emails on the subject.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@PhilipThompy what happened in my case was a message appeared in the MY Sky app's orders page me to call Sky with a number but you can just call in. Openreach should schedule a team who will hopefully unblock the duct which can involve digging up the street which can take a while to arrrange. Once that work is complete then an install appointment will be fixed. Sky only know what Openreach have told them and going by my own case that isnt much at this stage  just "its in progress". 

You will be paid compensation as explained here Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by sigma1005 This message was authored by: sigma1005

This happened me today. 2 men from Actavo who work on behalf of sky were walking around the side of my house checking the cable connection was ok for installation. Nobody knocked on my door to tell me they were there or what they were doing. I came out and asked. Extremely unprofessional and not okay for someone living alone either. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @sigma1005 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

I've escalated your post to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again. You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.

For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to sigma1005.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Waitingforwific This message was authored by: Waitingforwific

just a quick update on your order. Openreach need to clear a blockage for the cabling to run from the telephone exchange to your property. There is no set timescale for this to be completed as this is dependent on the work required to connect your property to the telephone exchange. You will receive a text with an update on your order on 16/07/2024.

I received the above message every Mondays. May I know when can I use wifi?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Waitingforwific wrote:

May I know when can I use wifi?

I'd think that the message is supposed to indicate there's currently no schedule for the necessary work to take place.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion